Thursday, September 11, 2014

september 11, 2014

Hello there!  I am writing to you with a full week of my new job under my belt! It was a good week to start because Justin is still in the field so it gave me something to do other than sit at home alone and talk to myself (you have to get your words out somehow and sometimes the only person available to  listen is yourself, don’t judge). I woke up to SEVERAL texts from people at home telling me they were praying for me for my first day. Can I just tell you how encouraging that was! I definitely felt those prayers because I only hit the snooze button once! That may sound crazy, but that is a huge thing. Just a side-note, people who don’t hit their snooze button at least once need professional help, just sayin.

Sunday was my first day and my job was to shadow the lady who is over the nursery (her name is Mrs. Lori). Obviously, I was pumped about this. Parents started to come to drop kids off and one caught my attention. It was not because of her adorable child or cute shoes, but because she looked like she was about half a second from bursting into tears (I am very familiar with this look) and I thought, “ahhh a woman after my own heart”. I quickly learned that she was dropping her baby off for the first time, ever. After the handoff the tears started, but not just from the mom, FROM ME! I have never met this lady or child before, but it made me so upset. After the tears slowed down (from the mom) she asked if I’ve had to drop one off in the nursery before, to which I had to respond (barely understandable), “I don’t have kids…..”  Soooo that was a great first impression. At least they know I will care about their kids, right? Not emotionally unstable at all….. Let’s just all take a moment and pray for the nursery workers that will be there the day I drop my babies off for the first time. God, please start preparing their hearts now!

Justin got to come home Sunday night and stay until Tuesday morning! YAY!! He finally got to see the house! He gave me appropriate excitement despite his exhaustedness which I really appreciated. For those that didn’t know, he had a surprise waiting on him. I had gotten him a Ping Pong table for our basement and he was SO EXCITED. His friends almost loved it as much and I am so happy about that because they need to stay as excited as they put this thing together. At least it is not a bookshelf!! Right mom!?

Monday then rolled around for my first office day, and it went well, overall uneventful (which is a good thing, just so we are clear)! Day 2 then rolled around, and apparently the prayers have stopped because I did NOT want to get out of bed. The rain, the dark, the real bed – it was all almost too much. I pushed through and made it in time, no worries. So yea, work is good.

So I have this agenda/calendar and I have it color-coded:
- Blue = Work      -Orange = Justins work     -Green = social
My entire calendar is blue and orange. If I would have thought that, I would have at least used my favorite color (green) as one of the prominating colors. My green part of life needs to pick it up (and I am not referring to recycling).

I am a big “To-Do” lister. This week, on my to-do list, I literally had written “get fall line-up schedule organized”. (For you non-TV watchers, that is the schedule of when all the shows are going to restart for the fall). Of course, this was TOP priority. Laundry, Dishes, meal planning definitely take the back seat to this. By the way, my Monday and Tuesday nights are WAY too packed. My DVR only records 2 shows at a time and these are the busiest nights. I haven’t figured out what to do about this yet, but I may petition for ABC to start spreading their shows out better. I am totally sure they will listen to me. In my calendar now, I have written all my premiere dates for my shows in green (the social color, remember?). So if you look at my calendar from afar you would think, WOW that girl is so cool and popular, but if you get closer you see the truth….

I have this game on my phone that Noah downloaded forever ago. It was probably the most popular one that he would play when he got on my phone. It has not been played since whenever the last time it was that he played. This game alerts me EVERYDAY at 9:07am that I have not played in awhile and that they miss me. WELL GUESS WHAT stupid iphone game, I miss Noah too so stop reminding me daily! So I went to delete it the other day and I couldn’t…. (Emotional attachment has become a running theme in this blog). Alright Subway Surf, you win. You keep missing me and I’ll keep missing Noah.  (Any therapists reading this feel free to contact me).

On my route to work in the mornings, I pass a building called “The Copper Whale Inn”. EVERY MORNING I think in my head “Oh, what a cute waffle place! Justin and I need to come here one day. Oh shoot, that says WHALE not waffle, dang it. I sure wish there was a Waffle House here.” EVERY SINGLE MORNING! Whale obviously looks nothing like waffle and I have no idea why I am telling you this because it is so stupid, but you chose to read it so welcome to the inside of my brain…

Things I learned this week:

-If you put your bread in under the BROILER setting instead of the BAKE setting, don’t leave the room. I have never in my life seen bread completely black. My mom has burnt a lot of bread in my life (sorry mom, but its true) and I have NEVER experienced the black bread that came out of my oven Monday night.

-It is possible for there to be noises in your house at night that do not directly correlate to a robber, murderer, or serial killer. For example, the antlers falling off the top of your cabinet at 3am this morning. (Yes, I have antlers on top of my cabinets)


Alright, here you go for those of you who just clicked this for this video. Chris Lott and Evan Logan put this video of my wedding together and seriously I couldn’t love it more. It captured the day perfectly. We had so much fun with them all day and I cannot thank them enough. Side note, without Chris Lott, I don’t think I could have gotten this blog set up.  He is seriously so good at what he does and I am so grateful to be able to call him a friend. 

I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do!



Anna & Justin from Chris Lott on Vimeo.




Always
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Anna! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! THIS VIDEO is the sweetest thing in the world. It totally sums up your personality :) I absolutely loved being a apart of this day and am so happy for the adventure that you and Justin have started together! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete