Saturday, November 7, 2015

november 7, 2015


Hey Y’all. If it makes you feel better, then you can go reread the first few sentences of basically every blog I have ever written saying “I’m sorry it’s been 2 months since I’ve written”, “I’ll do better, I promise”, “I’m going to write every week”, etc. We all know its probably not going to happen, but hey, I am writing now so let’s just all live in the moment. Deal? Cool.

A lot of really cool and really not so cool things have happened since I have last blogged.  Good things: I went to California, Justin took me to Disneyland, my awesome inlays Patrick and Nin visited and met their granddog, I got a new embroidery machine, I’ve almost completely caught up on 5 seasons of Once Upon a Time, lots of things.  Not cool things: The snow is here already. But I am here to tell you about my night last night (or I guess morning this morning).

Al Roker is on the Today Show (I have to say things like this for people like my sister who had no idea who I was talking about). He is doing something called the Rokerthon for the second time. This first time he did something like doing a weather report constantly for 36 hours. I have zero desire to hear about the weather for 36 hours. This year, he is going around and doing the weather report in all 50 states in 7 days! Al was in Alaska today! I knew very few details about where and when, but not many “famous” people come to Alaska, so I was going to see him! It just so happened that he was going to do the weather at 3 am in downtown Anchorage. I jumped out of bed, told Justin I was going to find Al, and ran downstairs. My friend Vanessa was supposed to go with me, but she is WEAK and was sleeping.  By the time I was in the car, I was wearing the Bill Murray t-shirt I was sleeping in, I decided to change out of my Grinch PJ pants and put on real pants (ok, ok they were leggings), Justin’s gross sweaty Army PT sweatshirt (that I am pretty sure I am not allowed to wear) no make up, and to top it all off I didn’t even brush my hair. I was obviously representing Alaska well.  So I take off for downtown Anchorage. I was driving around and I started praying, probably I would like to think, on of the most unique prayers God has ever heard:
            “God, I would really really love to find Al Roker. I know this is just something little and stupid but it would really make my heart so happy. I also would like for this scary looking “people that apparently come out at 3 am in downtown Anchorage” to not approach my car. But I don’t want to be needy, so if I have to pick one I choose Al. I know this stupid, well Al isn’t stupid, you made him so he is awesome, but this is just a little something and I mean, I AM living in dadgum Alaska, so I feel like I need some happiness when I can get it. Not that I blame you, God, for me being in Alaska, well I guess I am here cuz you want me to be, so……Sorry Sorry I didn’t mean to go there God, I would just really love to see Al this morning.”

Seriously y’all. I see this small crowd of people down this little road leading to the port/railroad. Instead of thinking “oh there is a small gang fight going on”, I drove right to it. Yep. It was Al. And a goat, but I didn’t care about the goat right now (his name was Jean Luc though for anyone reading this that cares about the goat). I park my car and run over right as they were counting down to start his segment of the Today Show!! I was so excited! God even cares about little things!!! Seriously people, Al is proof of that, just sayin…The camera people told me that the small group of people behind him with signs were all invited/chosen to be there. It was the Alaska Aces mascot, some dog musher, I don’t know people who “are Alaska”. I felt as though that was a tad rude, since I obviously was so dedicated. But now, as I am typing this, I feel as though they might have just not wanted me on the camera because of the way I was dressed/looked. I totally get it, camera people, I totally get it!

After the segment was over, I just walked right up to ole Al and asked for a selfie. It was then that I remembered the no makeup/hair issue going on, so that was humbling. He still chatted it up with me a little bit and basically invited me to NYC. So if anyone wants to go to NYC with me to see my BFF Al, let me know!





I was seriously so stinking excited about finding Al Roker at 3:45am. It is the little things people!

I called mom and dad and got back home and while I was on the phone with my mom, the Northern Lights appeared above my house!! For those of you that have been reading my blog, you know I have tried MULTIPLE times to see them and have failed. Well, my friends, this is actually the 2nd time I have seen them!! I saw them for the first time last Tuesday! I forgot to tell you or make a facebook status about sooooo surprise! I saw the Northern Lights last week! It was actually an interesting night. I was having some procedures done on Wednesday at the hospital, one of them being a colonoscopy (holy moly jug of stuff you have to drink!) So after the tears, Justin telling me that I will have to reschedule and do it all again if I don’t finish it, me just saying I was fine with my stomach hurting forever if I could just not drink this anymore, I. FINALLY. FINISHED! So as a reward since I was already up so late, Justin took me out driving to find the Northern Lights (which actually was a pretty risky move, all you people that have had a colonoscopy know what I mean…). We saw them! So they actually really do exist!




It’s good to be writing again! Especially about the Northern Lights. And of course, Al Roker, because duh!


Always,

Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment