Tuesday, July 14, 2015

july 14, 2015

Hi. So this is awkward since the last time I posted anything was February 10th. I have intended on writing something for so long and every time I sat down to do it, I would remember all the things I have to write about and it would overwhelm me, so I would just get on Pinterest instead. Kind of like when you have 100 chores to do, and so you just take a nap. That is exactly what I’ve done with my blog.

You see, it’s not that I haven’t done anything, or had things to write about, or had pictures to share; I had just been missing that…inspiration. I needed SOMETHING to inspire me to actually write. For some people that inspiration might come through meditation, a book, a trip, or even a hike through nature (yea right). Not me. My inspiration fell into my lap on July 4th in the aisles of Target. Just picture yourself (or well picture me cuz this is my story for goodness sakes) walking the aisles of Target looking for 4th of July decorations. We were having people over to grill out later that day and I just needed some more patriotic decor. I was VERY disappointed in the selections they had and obviously so were the two older women in front of me looking at the small section of items to choose from. This is their REAL CONVERSATION:
                Lady #1 (wearing an “Alaskan Grown” Tshirt): “There sure isn’t a lot of 4th of July decorations”
                Lady #2 (wearing shorts incredibly too short for her age…or for a toddler): “Of course there isn’t, Alaska wasn’t even a state when the 4th of July started!”
                Lady #1: “Ohhhh you are right. That makes perfect sense!”
                Me : ………………………………………………………
God Bless America. And God Bless my 3rd grade teacher (hey Mrs Anderson!) for teaching me about this!

Ok, now that I had enough inspiration to START my blog again, I need you to realize that there is no possible way that I could catch you up on EVERYTHING that has happened since February 10th. SO, I am going to just be posting a bunch of pictures and some commentary to get me through this first one, and then I will be able to post more often with my normal rambling self! Deal? Deal!
Ok so the way I am going to do this, is I am going back in my phone pictures to February 10th, and I will share the more important things…you know…since that opening story was so important and all.
Here we go…
Woah I had suppressed my emotions from all the snow and going back to February is bringing me back to that dark place, literally.

Roo, however, LOVED the snow! And her red ball. That red ball is her most favorite thing. 


We went to Otter Lake on Base to watch the start of the Iron Dog race. Iron DOG race. I was there to watch the DOGS race. There were no dogs (except Roo). Iron Dog = Snow machine. So there is that life disappointment. Here are our pictures from the day though. 





Ok. Y’all. Sit down for this. Do not drink anything while watching these videos. We bought Roo snow shoes. These videos are the first (and last) day she wore them. Please ignore my ridiculous annoying cackling laugh. I seriously almost needed oxygen while this was happening. I seriously just re-watched them, and you should probably just mute your volume. My laugh is bad. Real bad.






Ok moving on. But I am pretty sure everything goes downhill from that…
I ate purple mashed potatoes. Apparently that’s a thing here. 



Oh boy. So, for anyone that knows me, knows that I DO NOT LIKE CATS. Not even your cat “that you swear I’ll like because it acts like a dog”.  Justin and I were watching TV one night and there was this really annoying noise. Justin finally goes outside to check it out and there is a cat on our window sill. Here goes the conversation from that point on
                 
                Justin: “Anna! There is a cat out here”
                Me: “I don’t care, just put it outside our gate”
                Justin: “Anna!, It’s freezing out here!!”
                Me: “Ill call the neighbors, I bet they will take it”
                The Neighbors: “Nope we are not taking that cat. Its been wandering around the        neighborhood for a few weeks.”
                Justin: “Anna, we can’t leave it out here to freeze”
                Me: “Yes we can. Don’t pick it up Justin”
                Justin: “We can just put it in the basement for the night & you can take it to the vet tomorrow”
                                *Picks the cat up*
                Me: “No!”
                Justin: “Anna come on…” *puppy dog eyes*
                Me: “No!”




The cat slept in the basement.
I took the cat to the vet and of course it wasn’t micro chipped. 
The stupid cat clawed me to death.
We found someone to take the cat.
 
I CRIED MY EYES OUT GIVING THE CAT AWAY.
MY EMOTIONS MAKE NO SENSE!!!! PRAY FOR MY HUSBAND!!!!!
Moving on…
Roo’s first visit to the Vet! 


Everything was fun and games for her until they had to check her temperature!

Happy Easter from Roo! (The children always suffer when the parents ((mom)) is emotionally unstable.) Roo HATED those bunny ears



Still forcing her to wear bunny ears…


Here is Roo wearing one of Daddys shirts
Ok ok pray for my husband AND roo. My poor family.
Here is a picture of Franklin Graham and me
This picture was fun because I was told I “couldn’t” get a selfie with him because of security or something…Ha!

So here is a picture of a can of dip that my husband excitedly told me “Look, it expires on our anniversary”.    Dry your tears ladies, I know he is one romantic fool!


Here is my gambling dog.


Justin had a 24 hour shift on his birthday. But that didn’t stop Roo from visiting.



Sooooo Sarah Palins brother goes to my church. Vanessa (a co-worker, but more importantly a friend) pointed him out to me. Little did she know that I am a CREEPER and I took this selfie. Then I noticed that he totally was looking at me. SOo there’s that. * SARAH PALIN I STILL WANT TO MEET YOU*


 
Well. My sister. My little sister. My BABY SISTER, graduated from High School.


She is growing up against my will.
She is attending Union University in the fall and all I have to say is the people there better watch out because she is going to take that campus by storm!

We hiked flat top one day. Well, we hiked to the first lookout point. Little did I know that was not even 1/20th of the entire Flat Top Mountain. I was out of breath and over it by this point, so I can’t imagine hiking the whole thing.



Justin surprised me and took me to Seward for the day. We walked around the town, went to the sealife center, walked the docks and looked at all the boats. It was SUCH a fun day. 





This is a sea anemone. What Nemo lived in .


Here is some of the fashion you would see if you went to the Saturday Market here in Anchorage




We went to an outdoor concert to see Lonestar!




We went on another family hiking adventure to a place called “Winner Creek”. It passes through North Americas northern most rainforest. It also has a hand tram you can cross over this water gorge. It was all REALLY neat and so much fun!!!









We just celebrated our 1st anniversary. Has it really been a year!?! Life has been so much fun with my handsome groom and I can’t wait for a million more years.

Here was our anniversary dinner at Orsos

And our ceremonial eating of the top layer of our wedding cake

There has been many things I have forgotten and probably around 3400 pictures of Roo i left out, but here has been a glimpse into our lives over the past 6 months. 
 
It's good to be back my friends!

Always,

Anna
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment