Tuesday, February 10, 2015

february 10, 2015

I haven’t updated in the past few weeks because basically all I had to offer to y’all was an in depth break down of all the shows I watch. I have been a shut in, so trust me, the list of shows I have watched is lengthy. Well thats a lie, I also have a story about Roo and I getting locked out of our house at 1:30am trying to see the Northern Lights, which resulted into calling my mom (4:30am her time) crying because 1. I thought i was frozen 2. I broke into my house so in my logical mind, everyone in the world could break in and I was scared. Most people laugh at this story, but I am telling you this with a straight face saying that I have not laughed about this yet. I also feel like the Northern Lights could possibly be a figment of peoples imagination. I have seen no proof that they exist. 

All became right with the world on Sunday, JUSTIN CAME HOME! All the spouses had prepared a Chili Potluck for the guys when they got back. You know how some smells overpower other smells? Well, quick quiz : Which smell would be the most powerful:
a. 15 crock pots of chili
b. a herd of men who have been in the field for a month.

Answer: B. Those crockpots of chili did not stand a chance! It didn’t matter though, I was so excited to see Justin!


All the guys were noticeably tan/burnt. Which before I left Tennessee, I wasn’t exactly “tan”, but now after spending a winter here in Alaska, I get nervous walking under too many fluorescent light bulbs in fear that I will burn. Thats how pale I am. So I was a tad jealous of the tanned men, I mean, not jealous enough to spend a month doing all they did, so I guess I will stick with my pale showered, fed, and slept in my own bed - self.

We got home and had a good time catching up on everything. Roo was SO PUMPED to see Justin, it was pretty adorable/scary. Her excitement can get dangerous with her size, just sayin….

So Monday rolled around. The week of Valentines Day, which it is no secret that it is not my most favorite holiday, but Justin loves it. Something happened Monday night, possibly the most romantic gesture I have ever experienced/read about/seen in a movie EVER! Shakespeare and Nicholas Sparks could only dream about writing something as romantic as Monday night. I have actually called Webster to try and change the definition of “true love”in the dictionary. 

So, Monday Nights, as you all know is Bachelor Monday. Amy Hull and I text play by play thoughts as we watch the show together 4,000 miles away. Its serious, people. We had talked earlier in the day and I told her to go ahead and watch the show on her time, cuz I was going to be hanging out with Justin and he doesn’t like the Bachelor. (WOAH that was pretty loving of me, I just realized! Maybe I am more romantic than I give myself credit for!) Well anyways, 7:10ish rolls around. I know the Bachelor is on and I am ok with not watching it even though it left on a dramatic “to be continued” last week. Guys, JUSTIN WENT UPSTAIRS, GOT THE TV FROM UPSTAIRS, BROUGHT IT DOWNSTAIRS, HOOKED HIS XBOX UP TO IT, AND PLAYED GAMES SO I COULD WATCH THE BACHELOR!




I am seriously getting choked up even typing this. NICHOLAS SPARKS HAS NOTHING ON JUSTIN!!! 

So Happy Valentines Day Week! Im sorry that Justin made everyone else’s significant other look bad!

Always,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment