Sunday, August 10, 2014

august 10, 2014

There are a lot of different kind of moments in life. Happy moments, sad moments, moments you'd rather forget, and moments that make you say, "we will laugh about this later, right?" Sleeping on an air mattress for a month was SUPPOSED to be my laugh about this later moment. That was the case until this happened:




For all you wondering, duct tape does not repair holes in air mattress. We are on our 2nd air mattress and I'm not laughing yet.


On to happier subjects, like blueberries.  Yesterday, A few of us headed up to a ski lodge called Alyeska for the day. Not to ski, thank goodness there is no snow yet, but to pick blueberries.  There was a blueberry festival going on with live music (love), craft booths (love), food (love), and picking blueberries. Before I even tell you about the blueberries, let me just tell you now, I ate a reindeer hot dog


I was actually enjoying it until my loving cousin Nicholas actually sent me a picture of a Bell's burger (seriously my favorite) he was eating.  Thanks Nick!

Back to blueberries! To get up the mountain to pick them, you had two options:
1. Ride the ski lift (I mean, DUH)
2. Walk up the mountain

I obviously make my way to to the ski lift, when it became aware to me that half of the army men (AIRBORNE INFANTRY) that I am with are scared of heights.  Are you kidding me!? You jump out of planes! Yes, my husband is one of these I'm referring to!  So, walking up the mountain it is.   Here I am going to insert a side note about exercising:

(I really should be exercising more anyways, At least going on walks outside while I can. I know this. The only thing is, my tennis shoes were packed with all my other things being shipped. It would be silly to go out and buy new tennis shoes. So I should just wait to exercise when my shoes get here.  Don't you agree? Yay, I'm so glad y'all do!)
Ok so glad we had that talk.  Back to walking up a mountain.

In my head, I had pictured an organized orchard of blueberries.  The blueberry workers would be standing there telling us where to go and where to pick.  I mean, i don't know what a blueberry tree/bush/vine looks like after all.  That's not how it was at all.  It's free for all just go out in the woods and pick blueberries, bears and all.   We were LITERALLY walking thru streams, climbing over fallen trees, getting really dirty.  Luckily there are no snakes here, but there are bears soooooo......... It was so awesome though and such a cool experience.  I cannot wait to make blueberry muffins!!!

Some of the boys couldnt hang with the expert blueberry picker. This was the ride home


I had another kind of moment this week, unlike the " you'll laugh about this later moment". It was one I knew would come, and I dreaded it.  I knew there would be events and things that I wish I could be at at home. It just so happened, Saturday was one of those days.  My best bud, Noah's 7th birthday party. I hated hated hated not being there and of course there were a few tears shed (poor Justin).  Thank goodness for FaceTime though!  He had a great party and even lost his first tooth on his birthday!! Look at this adorable, toothy smile:



Now I'm back for an exhilarating episode of "what did Anna learn this week" (you have to read that like a game show host for it to work, ok! So cooperate with me and read it again if you have to)


1. I learned this week that I may be updating my blog in the future from Road Rage Management Rehab. They expect you to drive 10-15 MPH on some roads here.  My car idles faster than that. I thought driving 40 on Poplar was bad, so all you Memphians, just be grateful, ok!  It makes me mad even typing about this issue.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right!?!


2. I've learned that people here that you pass in a store, or gas station, or anywhere really don't smile and nod politely like they do in the South. People told me this and I just chose not to believe it. There are no passing "how are you's?"  And definitely no eye contact.  I've taken it on as a personal goal to get five strangers to smile/nod/speak to me.  As of this moment that I am typing, I have gotten a grand total of 1.  He was a homeless man in the target parking lot that I passed walking to my car. He smiled, spoke, and made eye contact with me. I gave him 5 dollars. I don't care what he does with it, all I know is he was the nicest stranger I've come across this far.

3. I have also learned that Justin might be a little bit sensitive. Every night we play dominoes or farkle. Literally every single night!  We are one crazy wild couple and I love it.  But Justin seems to say every night either " Anna you are such a sore loser" or "Anna you are such a sore winner". Bless his heart.  Let's all pray for his skin to get thicker!!

Big moments this week:

We were married for a month on August 5th! We celebrated with cupcakes!





In ending this blog, y'all should know, I recorded 14 hallmark movies this weekend.



Always,

Anna

1 comment:

  1. I am loving reading these blog posts! You are having the time of your life and I am SO happy for you! Being married is the best :) I miss you! Keep up these awesome posts :)

    ReplyDelete