Wednesday, August 20, 2014

august 20,2014

I have not posted in over a week.  This is not because I have forgotten or even just been too busy, I have felt as though I have had nothing to write about. I haven’t exactly been living the life like you see on “Alaska: the Last Frontier” or any number of those Alaska reality shows on TV these days. Justin has been working unpredictable hours, leaving me home all day with nothing much to do. He asks me almost everyday when I am going to update my blog in which I always respond with, “I haven’t done anything people care to hear about.” Well, I have had a change of heart. So what if I am not on the boats with the Deadliest Catch crew, or hiking up ridiculous mountains, or seeing wild animals in my backyard? Those things will come (well maybe not hanging out with the Deadliest Catch crew), but for now I am doing things that make my heart really happy, nonetheless. I get to cook dinner for my husband every night, I get to do laundry, I get to do everyday things in MY HOME. Some of you may think that last statement was sarcastic, but it was not. Justin and I spent our whole dating relationship and engagement in different states. So I am not taking for granted getting to eat dinner with him, play dominoes, and even brush our teeth together (it always looked cute in Hallmark movies). Being married is an adventure in itself, and I am loving it!


This week has definitely been an emotional week (what weeks aren’t for me I know I know). I have experienced:
Saddness: a few homesickness meltdowns (poor Justin)
Boredom: I literally think I might die of boredom some days, which results in Target runs (poor Justin)
Anger: Justin and I “tried” to go running together (I am not a runner nor do I really care to be and Justin may or may not have tested that. Poor Justin)
……here come the good emotions……
EXCITEMENT: MY MOTHER IS COMING TO SEE ME IN 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So the good emotions totally outweigh the bad. I am so excited for my mom to come up here obviously because I miss her, but also because that means my household goods are being delivered. No more air mattress and no more dinners on the floor on a picnic blanket. YAY! I have been planning out where I want my furniture, where I want to hang pictures, and most importantly where all my crafting things will go. I know one day in the future I will look back on this time and have wonderful memories on living in a house with just an air mattress and an Xbox, but I will also probably have great memories living in a house with all my stuff as well.

 As you have read, living on a military base has taught me many things. Things are very different here, even the way they read time. If you see me standing at the store doors, I promise you I am subtracting 12 trying to figure out what time they open/close. JUST PUT AM/PM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I also now know, if you are driving on base at 5 pm and people stop driving and get out of their cars, don’t be alarmed, its out of respect for the National Anthem that plays every day, loudly. I did stop my car, however I did not get out, I didn’t know I was supposed to, but now I know! There is something really really cool about base that I just discovered….Disneyworld is here. Ok ok ok, not really, but in my heart it kind of is. You see, there is this shortcut to my house (well it’s not really a short cut, especially if you are going to Burger King. Speaking of Burger King they brought back the Chicken Fries!! I got an email, I am not sure how I get emails from Burger King, but I am glad I do because BK Chicken Fries are the song in my heart. But I digress. Back to Disneyworld). On this “shortcut” this is what you will see:




IT LOOKS JUST LIKE EPCOT! I have no idea what the heck they are, but frankly I do not care. Every time Justin and I are driving I beg for him to go by DisneyWorld. And Bless his Heart, he does it every time!  Ladies, if you find a guy that will drive you by a fictional theme park that only exists in your heart and imagination, marry him! It really is the little things in life….


Here are some big moments from the week:

Justin got promoted twice this month. I promised I wouldn’t gush about him and about how awesome his is and how proud I am, but HE IS AWESOME AND I AM SO PROUD!

We celebrated our friend Ezekiel’s 27th birthday yesterday. This is a two-part big moment. Obviously, yay Ezekiel its your birthday, BUT we went out to eat sushi to celebrate. I have not eaten sushi since the whole E Coli incident of 2013. I did it and I am alive to write about it.  Just look at the absurd amount of sushi on that table.


My grandmother celebrated her birthday.


Are you ready for this???Are you sitting down???

I SAW A MAMA MOOSE AND A BABY MOOSE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD



Now, all I have left to do here is find Sarah Palin!!


Last bit of big news, I have a job interview tomorrow. I will keep y’all up to date on that, unless I get rejected, in which case I might do something drastic and eat a whole gallon of Butterfinger ice-cream.  I am only kidding.  



Always,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how the job interview went. If it doesn't work out you should go to Walmart as a door greeter or announcer. What a blog that would call for. Maybe you can wear a go pro camera on your next Target run.

    ReplyDelete