Monday, August 25, 2014

august 25, 2014


I ended my last post talking about my job interview so I will begin with it in this one. I still do not know if I have the job or not because they are interviewing more candidates. Obviously, that left a lot of room for insecurity for me. So all day Thursday I was telling myself (not always in my head) things that I am really good at to help my self esteem not suffer. At the end of the day, I am aware that I am good at a lot of things, turning off the oven after I use it, however IS NOT ONE OF THESE THINGS!!!! I will keep you posted when I hear from them, hopefully the middle of this week.

After my interview on Thursday, Justin took me to a battalion picnic. The only thing I walked away with from that was that of the few wives that came with their husbands, they either had a dog or a baby. I will let you draw your own conclusions on that…..

Friday night, I learned something pretty important. All boys care about is that there is food (it doesn’t even have to be good) and an Xbox. We had some people over to celebrate Ezekiel and Dulu’s birthday. I of course, made sure everything looked so cute. The mini cheesecakes I made were perfectly spaced, the iced coffee being served in cute mason jars with coordinating colored straws, the sweet tea was in a cute Mason jar dispenser, etc. Boys don’t care about cute. I totally get it now. Thank you Mom and Amy for appreciating my “party” all the way in Tennessee, because this is what was actually happening:


Boys……

I had a first on Saturday. I went to my first rugby game. Our friend Jake plays and this was the State Tournament. Justin had to go and help somebody move so I went by myself (look how brave I am getting!). I’ll be honest; I don’t think I quite understand rugby. It is this weird mix of football/cheerleading/beating the mess out of each other all while wearing shorts that are just a few (a lot) inches too short. Jake did great, I think, it was really hard picking out the one boy I know in a pile of boys. Luckily his sweet girlfriend was there so he really didn’t care if I thought he did good or not. During the 2 games I watched, I witnessed a finger snapping in half, a shoulder getting torn, and a sprained ankle. They won and became the State Champions, so who cares about the broken bones, right?  I did get to witness up close and personal one guy on the team splinting the guy’s broken finger with a flattened Monster Energy drink can. Of course I helped get a bag of ice, took a picture, and then almost fainted when I saw it, in that order luckily.






This guy ran some flags during the game all while keeping this dog in his pocket. I couldn’t pass up this picture!


After the rugby game, I met back up with Justin and I took him on a ROMANTIC date!!!  We started off walking hand in hand through Bass Pro Shop and ended the night gazing into each other’s eyes over a delicious McDonalds meal. I am a romantic fool, I tell ya.

 Big moments this week:

I finished the first season of Arrow. This is a show on CW and the third season starts Oct. 8. I am trying to catch up before then. It is so good!!


Should I be embarrassed that my biggest moment is finishing a TV show season??? Well, I’m not.


MY MOM IS COMING TOMORROW!!!!! MY MOM IS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!! I seriously can’t wait! So hopefully my next post will be full of pictures of my mom in Alaska and that I can announce that I am employed! Or maybe I will meet Sarah Palin and then the pictures and the announcement will have to wait!!  


Always,

Anna

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that your mom is coming tomorrow! You will have an absolute blast! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete